The Sakinah Medical Outreach is a fast growing charity and humanitarian aid organisation providing free healthcare service to indigent Nigerians. It operates on the core Islamic values of justice, mercy, human dignity, freedom, equality for all and sanctity of human life. Sakinah Medical Outreach is a project based and volunteer-driven organisation, covering Health Advocacy and Training, Counselling and Guidance, Community Medical Outreach, Free Healthcare Services and Second Opinion Services, with the mission to serve humanity.
Following recent transformation initiatives at Sakinah Medical Outreach, we are looking for an exceptional individual that has the commitment and drive to change lives and win the battles against common and life-threatening ailments especially amongst indigent Nigerians. The successful candidate for the position of Executive Secretary/Programme Manager will be at the heart of drawing up and implementing our organisational strategy, working with the Trustees and the senior management team in delivering the overall objectives within our business plan. The Executive Secretary/Programme Manager will be supported by a strong and active Trustee and Advisory boards, with whom you will work to deliver the best form of care and support for our beneficiaries and meet the reporting obligations to our stakeholders.
- Assist the Trustees and Management Team of Sakinah Medical Outreach with the day-to-day planning and implementation of strategic, functional and routine plans of Sakinah Medical Outreach and reporting
- Provide executive level support to the Executive Chairman and Directors
- Act as the coordinating hub for all Sakinah Medical Outreach programmes and projects
- Build, develop and manage high performing teams, including temporary staff, volunteers and interns.
- Represent Sakinah Medical Outreach at events and programmes
- Act as the relationship manager between Sakinah Medical Outreach and other Muslim organisations, as well as other faith-based, civil society and cultural organisations
- Perform other assigned and delegated duties from time to time.
The Candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- BSc, HND in any discipline (minimum of 2.2, Lower Credit)
- Minimum of five years’ post-graduation work experience
- Higher qualification would be an added advantage
- Passion for social, charity, philanthropic work and real desire to create change and make a positive impact in the society (very essential)
- Knowledge of grants sourcing and proposals writing (huge leverage)
- The demonstrable expertise of having performed similar functions in a structured environment/leading organisations.
- Flair for writing and good research capabilities
- Be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the project coordination challenges of a faith-based public service organisation
- Dynamic and personable
- Experience of representing an organisation and raising its profile
- Ability to perform tasks in a fast-paced work environment: focused, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- Fair knowledge of Sage accounting software and the Microsoft ® Office Professional Edition
- Have a good and professional level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making, demonstrable analytical ability and must be able to pay attention to details.
- Ability to meet tight deliverable deadlines and have a “can do” attitude.
Sorry, you are late. Offer ended on July 12, 2019
Please upload a Resume and Cover Letter (of not more than 150 words) telling us why you are the best candidate for the job.